Monday, August 28, 2017

How to Make Your Craft Supplies Stretch Way Beyond the Craft Room!

Today's post for ScraPerfect is not an actual craft project, but rather a reminder that you can use your craft supplies outside of the craft room with very good results! 


As was mentioned on my blog last week, I participate in small animal rescue so there is always a need for me to have a well equipped cage ready to go for a new furry friend. A generous hamster loving friend donated a large cage and supplies to my Rodent Room several weeks ago and I finally gathered everything I needed to set it up. But in the process, I ran into a problem...I often like to secure food bowls on top of a wooden house so that they don't get spilled or covered in bedding...but this time I ran out of my self adhesive velcro rounds. So I tried to use Command brand fixtures instead, only to find out that their adhesive strips would NOT stick to the wood of the house -they just popped right off...UGG -so very frustrating!


This is where the Best Glue Ever came to my rescue! The food bowl already had velcro attached to the bottom of it, so I just needed a way to stick it to the top of the wooden house and not have it slip and slide around. I spread BGE onto the back of the non -cooperative adhesive of the Command strips, positioned the bowl where I wanted it, weighed it down with a marble tile coaster and a larger bowl and walked away to let it set up and dry for several hours.


When I came back to check on it the following morning, everything was firmly attached where I wanted it to be! So the Best Glue Ever really DOES work on so much more than paper...give it a shot and I promise that you too will fall in love with this product! (even if you don't have a Rodent Room in your house or love hamsters like I do, lol)


Until next time, happy crafting with ScraPerfect~




No comments:

Post a Comment