Thursday, November 23, 2017

Giving A-Latte Thanks


 In celebration of Thanksgiving and in collaboration with the Itsy Bitsy design team, today I bring you a multi-textured, fancy folded pocket Thank You card!


I started today's project with 2 square White Card Blanks that are about 6" x 6". I then cut the corners off the opposing sides... 


 and glued them together with the folds on opposite sides and the squares over-lapping. 


Next I traced, cut and glued two triangles from the Retro Color Stripes Napkin to the front of each triangular flap.


Using a piece of  white cardstock, I trimmed a 5" x 5" square for the inside card panel and covered it also in a piece of the striped napkin. From the Natural Burlap Stack, I cut a 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" square from the black flower print and glued that on top of the napkin layer.


I then cut two Vintage Doily Thin Cut shapes from black cardstock using my die-cutting machine.


I glued all three of the bottom sides from the first part of our project together to make a pocket envelope for our card. Then I glued the 2 black doilies together around the top of the card insert to make the pull tab so that it would be easier to remove from the pocket.


Using a circle punch, I cut a white circle to layer on the pull tab and stamped "thanks" on it in black ink before I glued it on. Look at all the lovely detail you get from that doily die -LOVE it!!!


To decorate the card insert, I cut a triangle from white card to stamp my latte cups on using the new Donuts and Treats clear stamp set.


I knew I wanted more than one cup, so I stamped the image that I wanted in the front down first using Black Chalk Ink. I then stamped it once again on a small piece of sticky Post-It-Note paper and fussy cut it out to make a mask for stamping in the foreground. Placing that blue masking image over my first cup ensured that the lines don't cross of the images when I stamp one more on each side...instead, it looks like they are stacked behind the first cup.


I stamped those adorable little faces and some hearts next, then colored them with Colored Pencils.


To help this image pop from the background, I sponged some of the black ink around the edges before I adhered it to the burlap using the mini sized Foam Dots.


Once everything is assembled and tucked into the pocket, the main image is hidden, so it is a surprise until you pull up on the doily tab!


So cute when the little trio of latte cups pop out! 


That's it for me today - I hope you remember to give thanks for all the good things you have in your life and happy crafting with Itsy Bitsy!



No comments:

Post a Comment