Monday, March 19, 2018

Mermaid Kisses


Today's card is a design team project for Atlantic Hearts for this week's sketch challenge. I will also be entering it @ Creatilicious Challenges for "Anything Goes w/ Optional Birthday", @ Card Mania Challenges for "Embossing", @ heARTful Stamping for "Anything Goes + a Stamp", and @ Dare 2B Artsy for "Your Favorite Colors". 


I had so much fun making this card and I think it was both because I used my favorite colors and got to take a new stamp set for a spin, lol. I've wanted this set from Stampin' Up since the first time I saw it! I got it in January and just now got around to using it!

So much fun stuff going on with this...not sure where to start! I used dry embossing and sanding on the blue background. Plus heat embossing to make my own background using clear ink so that it acted as a resist for my distress ink. I blended the two distress ink colors over the die cut seaweed panel and then splashed water on it to give it an underwater feel.


Inside I used a strip of the blue scrap paper from the front of the card, blended the extra ink under the sentiment and then added clear Wink of Stella over the stamped mermaid silhouette. 


I colored the mermaid using Prisma Watercolor Pencils and cut both her and the sentiment out using my Scan N' Cut machine...man, I really love that tool! I also covered the mermaid's tail and her headband with Wink of Stella for shimmer and shine.



That's it for me today...until next time~




No comments:

Post a Comment